- The man in the high castle (Philip K. Dick)
- A long awaited treachery (G.D. Falksen)
- Do androids dream of electric sheep? (Philip K. Dick)
- A scanner darkly (Philip K. Dick)
- The Expanse: Leviathan wakes (James S.A. Corey)
- The Expanse: Caliban’s war (James S.A. Corey)
- The Long Utopia (Terry Pratchett, Stephen Baxter)
- The Expanse: Abaddon’s Gate (James S.A. Corey)
- The Expanse: Cibola Burn (James S.A. Corey)
- The Expanse: Nemesis Games (James S.A. Corey)
- Sandman 1-7 (Neil Gaiman)
- Sandman Overture (Neil Gaiman)
- The Physics of Superheroes (James Kakalios)
- Why evolution is true (Jerry Coyne)
- Reise nach dem skandinavischen Norden und der Insel Island im Jahre 1845 (Ida Pfeiffer)
- To Die for: Is Fashion Wearing Out the World? (Lucy Siegle)
- Fresh off the boat (Eddie Huang)
- Beef (Ruth Ozeki)
- Vorstellung vom 20. Jahrhundert (Peter Høeg)
- Wee free men (Terry Pratchett)
- A Hat full of Sky (Terry Pratchett)
- Wintersmith (Terry Pratchett)
- I shall wear midnight (Terry Pratchett)
- Egon Schiele: Ein exzessives Leben (Xavier Coste, Carolin Müller)
- Also schwieg Zarathustra (Nicolas Wild)
- Raising Steam (Terry Pratchett)
- The Shepherd’s Crown (Terry Pratchett)
Wheel of Time…. I did something I almost never do – I took a reading shortcut by reading the summaries of the 14 main books of the Wheel of Time series here.
I had started to read the actual books around 2003 or so and managed to finish a few (possibly 1 to 6) until I decided that none of the characters were interesting enough for me to plough through pages and pages of padding.
Many fans insist that the books get better and better after each re-reading because of masterful foreshadowing that may even span 13 books.
I was not able to appreciate this meticulous planning of plot hints and reveals because my mind went numb from being drowned in detailed descriptions of tiles in houses and colours of flowers. Maybe these descriptions are useful for some readers to achieve better immersion in a fantastic world, for me they just detract from recreating the world and the story in my mind. If anything, the books reminded me more of a very detailed movie script.
To end on an uplifting note, here’s to Nynaeve’s hairdo: