- Notes from a small island (Bill Bryson)
- Road to Little Dribbling (Bill Bryson)
- The Martian (Andy Weir)
- I’m a stranger here myself (Bill Bryson)
- A Walk in the Woods: rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail (Bill Bryson)
- Made in America (Bill Bryson)
- At Home (Bill Bryson)
- Abenteuer Freiheit (Carlo Strenger)
- The Expanse: Babylon’s Ashes (James S.A. Corey)
- The Handmaid’s Tale: A Novel by Margaret Atwood
- God is not great (Christopher Hitchens)
- Zivilisierte Verachtung (Carlo Strenger)
- Norse mythology (Neil Gaiman)
- The secret diary of Laura Palmer (Jennifer Lynch)
- Gebrauchsanweisung für Populisten (Heribert Prantl)
- Populismus für Anfänger (Walter Ötsch, Nina Horaczek)
- Heimat Österreich (Peter Pilz)
- Das Projekt Sozialdemokratie (Thomas Nowotny)
I am not entirely sure what to make of the fact that I agree with the writings of a frequently grumpy Anglo-American sexagenarian a lot , but maybe it’s just because we both love hiking. Wes hail, Mr. Bryson!
Another favourite read this year was The Martian – hard science makes for a good read; I finished the book during two nights with little sleep.
Towards the second half of the year I opted for some non-fiction.