Another project: a serious(?) Victorian summer polonaise to go over a white underskirt.
I cut and stitched most of the pieces. Before that, I used heavy twill to flatline the upper part, which works quite well. Also I applied netting to the skirt part, as the blue-grey linen is really thin and draping would not work otherwise. A big big kiss goes to Kupferfeuer who helped me adjust the pattern.
Act II: I walked into a
bar fabric shop and my lining fabric was there, waiting for me:
So I continued working – and now it is done :)
Wearing the finished dress I made a decent witness at my friend’s wedding, I think.
Made a small update and added little sleeves – pics to come :)
And I think a neck corset would go well with that dress, as a nod to the Steampunk movement.